Enjoy more ‘fatt’ with less fat as you usher in the Year of the Rooster with delicious healthy food thanks to Philips.
Rich in tradition, family gatherings and good food, Chinese New Year is something many Malaysians look forward to every year. As many prepare to welcome the Year of the Rooster, it is time to fill the dining table with traditional Chinese New Year dishes to usher in more “fatt” with less fat with the help of Philips.
Each individual dish is steeped in tradition and is a homonym for a particular wish for the year to come. Among the must-have dishes at the table are fish to signify abundance, spring rolls and dumplings to represent wealth, tang yuan also known as sweet rice balls for family togetherness, and oranges, tangerines and pomelos for fullness and wealth
|Philips products trainer guiding participant the right way of handling the airfryer.|
(Left to right) Marketing Manager for Kitchen Appliance in Philips Malaysia Ms. Kong Puey Yoon, Lucky draw winner Ms. Jane Chua,
Editor-In-Chef for Feminine Ms. Lim Hooi Hia and Chef Amy Beh
“Chinese New Year is a time for families and friends to gather and spend quality time with each other, while wishing each other prosperity and a good year ahead. The annual Chinese New Year reunion dinner with its menu of traditional Chinese dishes is especially significant for all generations of the family. However, those that are health conscious may be concerned that traditional Chinese dishes are often saturated in oil and unhealthy fats,” said Muhammad Ali Jaleel, Chief Executive Officer of Philips Group of Companies in Malaysia. “Philips is dedicated to improving people’s lives through meaningful innovation, and this includes innovating convenient and time-saving appliances that help consumers prepare healthier meals. For Chinese New Year, we are collaborating with Chef Amy Beh to demonstrate how familiar Chinese dishes such as spring rolls and steamed chicken can be recreated with a healthier twist without compromising on taste using the Philips Airfryer equipped with new TurboStar technology.”
Now armed with TurboStar technology, the Philips Airfryer TurboStar is the latest in the Philips range of airfryers that helps consumers lose the oil but not the taste when cooking. From roasted pork to steamed chicken and spring rolls, the Philips Airfryer can help with the preparation of a complete Chinese New Year dinner for the coming Year of the Rooster.
|Team performance winner group photo with the judges.|
|Team performance winner Team #10|
|Team performance winner Team # 1|
|Team performance winner Team #4|
|Philips Airfryer with New TurboStar Technology|
Philips Airfryer TurboStar
Featuring a more compact design without compromising on capacity, the latest addition to the Philips Airfryer range continues to offer great tasting fried food cooked with up to 80% less fat. Not only is the new Philips Airfryer space-saving, but it is also time-saving as pre-heating is no longer needed. It comes equipped with Philips TurboStar technology that enables users to fry with little or no oil and produce food that is crispy on the outside and tender on the inside. The TurboStar technology also cooks fried food 50% more evenly and faster with no turning needed.
In conjunction with Chinese New Year, Philips has released a limited edition red Philips Airfryer (HD9623/31) to liven up the kitchen with the festive colour.
The Philips Airfryer is also available in digital versions (HD9640 at RRP RM1,399 and HD9643 at RRP RM1,499)
The Philips Airfryer with TurboStar technology is available at any Philips authorised retailer nationwide, at the Philips Brand Store in Publika Shopping Gallery Kuala Lumpur and Sutera Mall Johor Bahru and the Philips Experience Store in Bayan Lepas, Penang. It is also available online at the Philips Official store on www.blip.my or Lazada on http://www.lazada.com.my/ philips-official-store/.
Here are the recipe you can try out::-
FORTUNE WRAPPED CHICKEN
250 g Chicken thigh, deboned and
cut into fairly big chunks
15 pcs Pandan leaves
Marinade Paste (A)
1 tbsp Chili powder
1 tsp Coriander powder
1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
2 cloves Garlic, pounded
1 tbsp Grated ginger
1 tbsp Oyster sauce
1/2 tsp Pepper
1 tbsp Corn flour
1 tbsp Fish sauce
1 tbsp Organic acacia honey
1 tbsp Organic extra virgin olive oil
1) Mix marinade paste (A) ingredients with seasoning (B).
2) Season chicken with the combined marinade for 2-3 hours or preferably overnight in the refrigerator.
3) Lightly grease pandan leaves with organic extra virgin olive oil.
4) Wrap a chunk of marinated chicken with a piece of pandan leaf.
5) Push in the ends of the pandan leaves neatly into the packet to secure the meat.
6) Repeat the process until all the meat is used up.
7) Place the wrapped chicken pieces onto the PHILIPS Airfryer TurboStar grill pan. Close the Airfryer drawer. Set the temperature at 180°C for 12-15 minutes or until the pandan leaves are slightly burnt and the meat is cooked.
AUSPICIOUS ORIENTAL LOTUS PASTE BLOSSOMS
1 pc Prepared puff pastry
200 g White lotus paste (store-bought)
1 tsp White sesame seeds
1/2 tsp Black sesame seeds
Egg wash (To combined)
½ no Egg yolk + 1 tbsp milk
A drizzling Organic acacia honey
A pinch Salt
200 g High protein flour, sifted
1/4 tsp Salt
175 g Cold butter
110 ml Ice-cold water
1/2 tbsp Lemon juice
To Prepare Puff Pastry:
1) Put sifted flour and salt into a mixing bowl and cut the butter into small cubes, drop them into the flour. Add lemon juice and ice-cold water, using a pastry cutter, work and mix the flour to become a soft dough (pastry should not be too damp).
2) Knead dough lightly then roll out on a lightly floured table top into a rectangle.
3) Fold the bottom third up and the lower third down. Give the pastry a quarter turn and repeat the rolling, folding and turning four more times.
4) Wrap pastry in a plastic bag and leave to rest. Refrigerate for 30-40 minutes in the refrigerator then use as required.
(AUSPICIOUS ORIENTAL LOTUS PASTE BLOSSOMS)
To Prepare the Pastry Puff Blooms:
1) Roll out pastry lightly then cut into desired shapes. Place a ball of lotus paste (20 g each) in the centre. Put another piece of cutout round on top.
2) Brush the sides with a little egg wash, use a fork to press round the sides to seal the lotus paste. Add a sprinkling of mixed white and black sesame seeds over.
3) Arrange the puff pastry on the PHILIPS Airfryer TurboStar basket wire net. Slide the basket into the airfryer. Bake at staggered temperatures. Start off with 160°C for 10 minutes.
4) Increase the temperature to 180°C for 5 minutes and at the final stage of baking time increase the temperature to 200°C for about 2-3 minutes or till puffs are golden brown and crispy.